Digital Communication Officer (1)
Are you interested to know how policy research is translated into (social) media in the field of international relations? Would you like to be part of a young and dynamic team? Apply for the position of Digital Communication Officer, Development Watch Centre.
Development Watch Centre (DWC) is a non-partisan, interdisciplinary, and independent think tank dedicated to analysing Uganda’s foreign policy and diplomacy in international milieux. One of DWC’s aims is to contribute to the policy-making process through our trainings, publications and conferences. To realise this and promote our work, the think tank is recruiting an exceptional Digital Communication Officer to join our dynamic editorial and communication teams.
- Digital Communication Officer (Social Media)
- Assist running DWC’s social media accounts, i.e., Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- Follow and identify international relations calendar for DWC’s social media feeds;
- Promote DWC’s work on social media platforms;
- Compile DWC’s website and social media qualitative and quantitative analytics reporting;
- Follow the diplomatic community, relevant ministries and (social) media for content;
- Contribute to DWC’s social media content through articles, fliers, videos on social media; and
- General social media research, planning & reporting as may be assigned.
Video, and graphics:
- Editing and formatting videos and photos for DWC social media; and
- Production infographic material;
Mainstream media relations:
- Help to update and compile contact lists of mainstream media and outside social media
Required knowledge and qualifications:
- (Proven) interest in international relations & diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge of English; or knowledge of other UN language(s) is an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication; or communication management; or international communication, or digital communication; or social media; or journalism; or marketing or law ; or any other related field is preferred.
Your experience and skills:
- Experience in content creation and management is essential;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- A team-player with strong inter-cultural competencies;
- Ability to deliver results within tight time frames, and manage multiple assignments;
- Digital diplomacy training is an asset; and
- Monthly salary in accordance with experience;
- A multicultural and challenging working team; and
- A great network within the think tank.
• A CV, and application letter should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Digital Communication Officer in the subject line. Deadline is 20th June, 2022.
(i) This job is not full time and therefore selected person maybe required to work from home.
(ii) How soon would you be available for appointment if selected?
(iii) State the minimum salary expected per month in Uganda Shillings.