- Digital Diplomacy Officer (1)
- Editor (2)
Are you interested to know how policy research is translated into (social)media in the field of international relations? Would you like to be part of a young and dynamic team? Apply for the positions of (i) Digital Diplomacy Officer or (ii) Editor, at Development Watch Centre.
Development Watch Centre (DWC) is a non-partisan, interdisciplinary, and independent think tank dedicated to analysing Uganda’s foreign policy and diplomacy in international milieux. One of DWC’s aims is to contribute to the policy-making process through our trainings, publications and conferences. To realise this and promote our work, the think tank is recruiting an exceptional digital diplomacy officer and two editors to join our dynamic editorial and communication teams.
1. Digital Diplomacy Officer (social media)
- Assist running DWC’s social media accounts, i.e., Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- Follow and identify international relations calendar for DWC’s social media feeds;
- Promote DWC’s work on social media platforms;
- Compile DWC’s website and social media qualitative and quantitative analytics reporting;
- Follow the diplomatic community, relevant ministries and (social) media for content;
- Contribute to DWC’s social media content through articles, fliers, videos on social media; and
- General social media research, planning & reporting as may be assigned.
Podcast, video, and graphics:
- Formatting videos and photos for DWC social media;
- Production of infographic material; and
- In consultation with the supervisor, editing audio recordings for podcasts.
Mainstream media relations:
- Help to update and compile contact lists of mainstream media and outside social media; and
- In coordination with the supervisor, help in writing and release of press statements.
Required knowledge and qualifications:
- Proven interest in international relations & diplomacy;
- Excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of other UN language(s) is an added advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, communication management, international communication, digital communication, social media, journalism, marketing or law is preferred.
Your experience and skills:
- Experience in content management is essential;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- A team-player with strong inter-cultural competencies;
- Ability to deliver results within tight time frames, and manage multiple assignments;
- Digital diplomacy training is added advantage; and
N.B Please explain in your motivation letter how you match the above conditions.
- Monthly salary in accordance with experience;
- A multicultural and challenging working team; and
- A great network within the think tank.
NOTE: Because of Coronavirus pandemic, successful candidate will work remotely as and when the need arises.
2. Editors (2):
- Assist in proofreading
Required Knowledge & Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Literature in English, Law, or International Communication, Communication, and/or Journalism and Communication; Literature in English at A’ level is added advantage; and
- Proven interest in international relations and diplomacy.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience in editing and proof-reading;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- A team-player with strong inter-cultural competencies; and
- Ability to deliver results within tight time frames, and manage multiple assignments.
NOTE: Because of Coronavirus pandemic, successful candidates will work remotely as and when the need arises.
To apply: A CV, motivational letter and application letter should be sent by email to email@example.com mentioning either Digital Diplomacy Officer or Editor in the subject line. Deadline is 16th July, 2021.